Support Systems for Teaching Affairs
A control system for teaching quality: Implement teaching comment system; invite scholars or experts from outside the school to comment on teaching affairs in order to offer useful suggestions; implement the investigation of a teaching questionnaire; give effective response on the effects of teaching ; offer references that a teacher might use to improve teaching methods over time. The system on teaching guidance: Hold teacher's meetings on studying regularly; reward the teachers that write textbooks and produce teaching media; and asking teachers of excellence to share their achievements in teaching. Reward the good performance of teachers: Praise outstanding teachers publicly; promote teaching and research quality.
The Environment and Resources for Teaching
Enhance classroom facilities: Have the allocated projector, Internet access and air-conditioning ready in each common classroom. Construct E-learning digital study platform: Assist teachers in teaching through the use of information technology, construct a network to serve as a teaching platform, and offer teachers the opportunity to put teaching materials onto the network in order to coach students after class. Offer synchronous network course: A teacher can offer a course to the students of other schools; a student can take the courses from the other schools.
Equipping Students with Professional Skills and Literary Competence
- Strengthen foreign language teaching and promote the students' abilities in foreign languages: Build a learning environment for foreign languages; equip the Language Center to improve the quality of the English education at the school and to expand progressively the teaching of a second foreign language; promote all-English teaching courses; offer funds for studying abroad to those who show excellence in learning, especially in English; invite foreign professors to come to the school to give lectures; promote international academic exchange; enhance the academic quality of teachers and students; cultivate high-quality education for international competitiveness.
- Implement "Early Warning System": Notify the parents of students who have failed more than three courses in the mid-term examination; offer supervision to those who have failed one-half of all the credits for a semester; organize a guidance group to coach low achievement students. All these efforts will be promoted with the help of the Counseling Center and homeroom teachers.
- Strengthen the academic standards of students: Drop those students who have failed twice one-half of all the credits for a semester.Rearrange curricula and courses: Assign the proper proportions between general education and professional education, compulsory courses and elective ones; promote interdisciplinary programs across two different fields of study; offer courses across two or more different colleges or departments; plan complementary-department and dual major courses.
- Balance different fields of knowledge and strengthen liberal education: Put humane values first, and professionalism will follow.
Improving Teaching Quality
- Implement an evaluation system on teaching in order to improve qualities in both teaching and research.
- Encourage teachers to obtain patents or certificates and to cooperate with enterprises in order to improve the quality of teaching practice and keep pace with the development of industry and society.Reward teachers who have great success in academic research and provide subsidies for attending domestic and international academic conferences, in order to improve the academic position and general reputation of this school.
- Subsidize teacher in-service training; encourage teachers to attend seminars or study abroad, in order to expand teachers' general knowledge and keep pace with new developments, and to acquire new skills in their specialties.
- Engage famous scholars, both domestic and international, to come to the school as lecturers, visiting professors, etc., in order to improve the status of teaching and research at this school.
Computerizing the Administration of Teaching Affairs
- The complete computerization of teaching affairs administration, including registration, enrollment, scheduling and curriculum: the business of arranging the lessons and selecting the lessons, achievement authorization, dealing with enrollment and attendance matters, entrance examinations, etc., all of which can be handled on-line.
- The "trinity" (the combination of teaching, learning, and counseling) of achievement guidance: Track students who are low in achievement, and then notify their parents, the chairpersons of their departments, the Counseling Center, and their homeroom teachers.
- E-tutoring technological consultation: Provide the teachers and students an e-tutoring system and solutions to the problems that teachers and students encounter concerning their usage of e-tutoring.mailbox for questions, comments and suggestions: Relevant suggestions and questions can be put forward through the use of message board websites.
- Regular in-service training for administrative personnel: Promote professional quality and establish a "single window" system to deal with problems efficiently.